Thursday 3 February 2011

Shawl For A Friend

 I made a Birthday present for my beautiful friend Caitlin Koch.  I just love doing presents for people, it is one of the most fun pastimes especially if you make it, to me it has that much more meaning, even if its just a card, the point is that that person took the time and effort to make something just for you, that is what makes homemade gifts so special to me personally!!  This Shawl was very easy and turned out very well! My only worry is that she might not like it when she gets it! Tell me what you think! (oh and Jessica if you read this before sunday don't show Caitlin!)
This is just after I cut it out.  I had to make my own pattern, hence the snowflakes and blue tape.
This is after the beads were sewn onto the the flowered fabric.
This is with the lining and the flowered sections pinned together!
This is with the front and the back all sewn together just not finished off.
And Tada!  it is finished!!

The super cute hat box that I put it in!

Here it is all wrapped with a sprig of lavender.  I just love lavender it smells so fresh and it stays pretty for a long time!
Here is all of it together I really like giving presents in hatboxes!  :)  It just makes it different!  Oh and the present can't go without a bow or two!
I had tons of fun making this, plus it was super easy!!  I hope you enjoyed reading about my latest project.  I have a few more to come!

Toodle Pip,
             ~Hannah Woltersdorf~





1 comment:

ready whenever you are..... :)