Sunday 24 October 2010

Kensington Hat

My younger sisters Birthday is also in this month, the 28th to be exact. I also wanted to make her something special. As I was thinking of what to knit for her, I remembered when I was down in California visiting her and mom, she wore a beret hat allot. So I thought that I could make her one! I searched many places, and then I found on KnitPicks there was a hat called The Kensington Hat, my sisters name is MaKensie and most often we call her Kensie. I thought that the pattern was cute and the name fit as well. Now this hat was a little challenging, not the knitting part or the lace, but the counting. I had to restart the hat about 3 time until I finally got the right amount of stitches on my needles. Once that happened I was able to finish the hat in a week. I had never done this kind of hat, but I enjoyed knitting it and making a card for my dear little sister!!

I figured out how to make these paper flowers,
they are supper fun to make. Especially when you use
different buttons and paper!


Here is the hat spread out.

This is the side view, where you can see the lace pattern.


And further away.

And both of the things that I sent to her in the mail.
Well that is all for this project!! I have plans to start on a few
different things, and will be on here soon!!
~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

ready whenever you are..... :)