Monday 24 January 2011

Baby Sweater

I have not written in a while.... it is not quite all my fault, the internet is having problems. without internet means no blog post. We still don't have internet at home, I am writting from a free Wi-Fi area. I have been itching to get back to blogging these last few months.

Though I have not written, does not mean I have not been bust with making thing's this winter season. I was very busy before Christmas. Making cards, a tutu, a scrapbook, and ornaments. I was so busy with these things that I didn't even have time to take pictures of the finished projects, which I wish I were able to share with you. But it is a New Year to make new things!! I have many things in mind for birthday gifts, and even some Christmas gifts. But I will share more of that when I have them finished.

For today I do have something to share. I knitted a sweeter. It was originally for my niece but I realized with the amount of yarn I had, it would not fit her. Determined to use up this yarn, that has been sitting for some time, waiting to be used, I decided to finish the project.

This was a very simple pattern I found on Lion Brand Yarn website. It's made with the basic knit and purl stitches. I altered some of the pattern, for example the hood was to be all garter stitch, but I thought that it would be cute to broder the hood like the rest of the sweeter.










It didn't take me very long , if I added up ll the time. I started this project in October and only finished it a couple of weeks ago. I put it down to get the Christmas projects finished first :)

Now the question is "Who is this cute sweater going to be for?" I have been asking myself. Well at the moment I do not know. I think I will save it until someone I know has a baby girl of if I feel I can't give it up, I will save it for when, Lord willing, have a baby. Well that is all for now. I am hoping to post at least once a week. So be on the look out!!
~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

ready whenever you are..... :)