Friday 1 October 2010

Felted Slippers

My mothers birthday is today, and I wanted to make something for her. So about 3 weeks ago, with help from a friend, I decided to make these felted slippers. I bought the design off etsy www.etsy.com/shop/frenchpressknits then I found 100% wool yarn at Tuesday Morning, of all places, for a great price. The pattern was pretty easy to follow. You basically make these really big slipper, all in either a knit or purl stich. Then you wash them in hot water, which felts them. And last you let them dry and sew on the strap. :)Well here are some pictures along the way.

I didn't take any pictures of before the felting proses
but this is what they look like after


Then after about 5 days of drying,
You sew on the strap and button


After this part I shipped the to California. I talked to my mom today and she said she got them and thought that they were really cute and that they fit great( that was the part I was worried about.. not fitting :) )
Well I really enjoyed making these, they were really simple and really cute!
~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

ready whenever you are..... :)