Saturday 28 August 2010

One Dress For Two Occations

I guess I have been in a sewing mood lately, Here is a project I finished a couple of weeks ago. I made a dress out of a skirt pattern..... If that makes any sense. Well what I did was I took a skirt pattern and because I didn't have a shirt to do with it I decided to make a dress by making my own pattern (from other patterns I have seen) for the bodice.
As you can see in the title I made this dress for two occations, One was our Church Heritage Weeekend English Country Dance and the other was for my Aunts wedding! Well here are some pitcures of the steps and the dress!
Here is the skirt pattern and the fabric I used


Here is the skirt part cut out


After I cut Out the skirt and got it put together, I made the bodice and attached it to the skirt, leaving one side open for a zipper, then I added the straps, using ribbon with lace sewed onto it.






Though I don't have any pitcures with me wearing the dress I hope you get the idea of what it looks like. I had fun, making this summer dress and I am already planning my next crafty project.
~Rebecca

5 comments:

  1. Wow I feel like such a slacker since you have already posted two things but its kinda hard to post if you don't have anything to post about... anyway it was a really cute dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, don't feel that way. I understnd you have a busy life and it is hard to either start a project or blog about it. You will be able to make some posts soon, as things slow down and it gets closer to Christmas and Birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow good job becca. I think I remember this dress. For those of you dying to see it, I'll just let you know that it *did* fit her...

    lol keep on Putting your hands to the spindle! (Prov. 31:19)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Thanks Josiah, and thanks for letting every one know that it fit... of course I wouldn't have worn it if it didn't..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not so sure about it fitting you Rebecca, I think that I distinctly remember the buttons popping off as you sang the wedding March at Diana's wedding.....lol

    ReplyDelete

ready whenever you are..... :)