Saturday 12 March 2011

Aqua Drifting Blossom Skirt

With the weather being so gloomy from the rain, I decided to pull out some projects that I have been wanting to start. This is one of them, I ordered this fabric almost 7 months ago, for only $3 a yard! I bought it from a online quilting supplier. I had seen it when it was regular priced and thought it was cutie but not cutie enough to buy. So when it went on sale I couldn't help it :) I bought 2 1/2 yards plus 1/2 yard of the coordinating brown. Any ways here are some pictures from along the way.
Here's the pattern I used. It was different than any that I have
ever used, for it was made so that, (in a way)
you could design the skirt yourself!

Here is my messy desk, while cutting
out the fabric.

Thread!

Here is some of the sewing being done!
I believe this is the yoke of the skirt.

Here it is, almost all done, at this point I had the
zipper and the contrast edging to sew on.

Here you can see the print of the fabric.

And there it is, All done!! Front view

Side view.
So there you have it, a new skirt. I really liked this pattern.
it was easy and didn't use to much fabric.
Until my next project
(which should be next week)
~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

ready whenever you are..... :)